Thursday, May 26, 2011

ballin' on a budget : summer planning

Ballin' on a Budget:
Lately I feel like every trip involves a common theme: ballin' on a budget. Where to travel, where to stay, what to do, but the most important question...how much?

I have dedicated a series (more to follow) for the fabulously frugal. A "how to" for inexpensive traveling, dining, shopping, and event options near you.

summer 11 ideas
BYO-anything
bring back "pot luck" with better verbiage, just add the below:
*BBQ
*picnic
*cookout
Take a bike ride with friends. Maybe along a specific scene, or maybe bike somewhere and back. Nothing can pull memories from childhood like a nice long ride...with your feet up!
*take your bike
*rent a bike
Host a happy hour to share a bottle of wine.
*host at your backyard, deck, or patio
*host on your roof deck (see my view above)
Search for FREE summer events.
*concerts
*festivals or carnivals
*local events (gallery hops, art shows, restaurant weeks)

Let's remember:
“Summer is kind of like the ultimate one-night stand: hot as hell, totally thrilling, and gone before you know it.”
-Cosmopolitan

I plan to add these to my message board so that I follow through and commit to a care free summer, that fits my budget!

3 comments:

  1. loving the view... and wonderful tips

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love the FREE local events. I will be attending one tonight actually, The Feast of the Flowering Moon! Great post Court! You know I'm a woman on a budget now that I am buying my house! I am hitting up some yard sales tomorrow! Wish you could come with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are great ideas! I love the idea of happy hour at home with friends and a great bottle of wine.

    ReplyDelete